Christine Gedye's Art Journal

10.05.2011

Sharpening up with EDGE


Centrum Offices at Fort Worden

Last month I was one of a group of fifteen artists selected to take part in Artist Trust's EDGE Program for Professional Development. The week-long seminar took place at Fort Worden in Port Townsend, WA, courtesy of the Centrum foundation. We benefitted from over 53 hours of presentations by dedicated, experienced arts professionals coaching us in everything from developing a business plan to deciphering contract and copyright law. Focusing on "the other side" of my art career so intensively will come to be, I think, a watershed week for me. It created a shift in how I perceive my career in a way that may only be matched by the day eight years ago this month when I decided to pursue art professionally.
Add caption

This Friday, October 7th, I will be presenting a slideshow of my work along with several other EDGE participants. The event is part of Seattle's Arts Crush month, and will take place at The Project Room, 1315 E. Pine, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. It's a rare opportunity to meet and learn first hand about Washington artists working in a wide range of media and styles. I hope you can stop in.

Coming Up: On Saturday morning, I will be returning to Centrum for a one-week painting residency, inspired by the fog, light, water and trees unique to Fort Worden. I look forward to sharing the results of that week with you here very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Credits